The purpose of science to find truth. The goal of business is to be productive. Need for integration combines both of them in interdisciplinarity and multidisciplinarity.
”Disciplines and fields with an interest in integrity include philosophy of action, philosophy of medicine, mathematics, the mind, cognition, consciousness, materials science, structural engineering, and politics. Popular psychology identifies personal integrity, professional integrity, artistic integrity, and intellectual integrity.”
An expressive way to illustrate integration is to draw a roadmap, a bus for services to connect the most relevant flows.
Fig 1 is an ideal computer architecture for any state to handle needs from a person to private and public sector and administration.
Some typical root causes make systems to fail. List of systemic distortions (Laitila, Ideabook) are:
1. Problems in human values and goals of the system
2. Under-evaluating knowledge and science
3. Insensitivity against information: populism and inability to accept objective information
4. Inability to self-organize, to implement changes, innovations and ideas
5. Inefficient organization models; markets that are not working, too much autoritative power
6. Mechanistic and hard work
7. Unsustainable products, service with weak quality and symbolic manipulation for stakeholders
8. System doesn’t succeed to reach its goals to itself, or to the environment
”Connectivism is a relevant theory for creating integrity. It is for learning in a digital age that emphasizes the role of social and cultural context in how and where learning occurs.”
Principles of Connectivism are:
1 Learning and knowledge rests in diversity of opinions.
2 Learning is a process of connecting specialized nodes or information sources.
3 Learning may reside in non-human appliances.
4 Learning is more critical than knowing.
5 Maintaining and nurturing connections is needed to facilitate continual learning.
6 Perceiving connections between fields, ideas and concepts is a core skill.
7 Currency (accurate, up-to-date knowledge) is the intent of learning activities.
8 Decision-making is itself a learning process. Choosing what to learn and the meaning of incoming information is seen through the lens of a shifting reality. While there is a right answer now, it may be wrong tomorrow due to alterations in the information climate affecting the decision.